Mary Ann Shadd
Mary Ann Shadd Cary was an American-Canadian anti-slavery activist, journalist, publisher, teacher, and lawyer. She was the first black woman publisher in North America and the first woman publisher... Wikipedia
- Born: Mary Ann Shadd, October 9, 1823, Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.
- Died: June 5, 1893, Washington, D.C, U.S.
- Resting place: Columbian Harmony Cemetery
- Occupation: Anti-slavery activist, journalist, publisher, teacher, lawyer
- Language: English
- Alma mater: Howard University (School of Law)
- Spouse: Thomas F. Cary (m. 1856)
- Children: 2
- Relatives: Eunice P. Shadd (sister), Isaac Shadd (brother)
- Data Source: DuckDuckGo